Your homework for Friday is:
- Prepare for the Graphing Linear Equations Using Intercepts Assessment on Friday. There are a variety of ways to do that including, but not limited to: review the online pre-assessment; review your notebook and/or the openers and lessons posted on the blog; review the video, work some practice problems in your textbook or that you find online. You can, of course, also get help from me, another math teacher, a teacher in the Study Center, a peer tutor in the Study Center, or a parent, sibling or friend. Do whatever works best for you, but make sure you're prepared. The expectation is that you should all be able to do very well on this assessment on Friday.
- Watch and complete the Slope video. As you watch it, please make sure you follow the directions/recommendations for how to watch and complete it. This should probably take about 20 minutes total, so plan accordingly.
- After you've completed watching the video, including working out the self-check problems in your notebook, then make sure you login to the Moodle and complete the free-response summary (sample) and submit your self-check answers (just the answers, you only need to show the work in your notebook). Please make a note of any questions you may still have and come to class ready to ask them and/or figure them out with your classmates.
- If you haven't yet, finish your blog post that's due on Friday.
- You don't have to watch this, but you might enjoy this four minute video titled I Hate Pennies! And you might be interested in this article Penny Dreadful. Then go talk to your social studies teacher and ask them what they think about whether we should still have pennies (and nickels).